Welcome to the news and information blog for the Ohio Valley Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The goal of this blog is to keep you informed about media professionals and companies in our NATAS region. Please send your news to:
news@ohiovalleyemmy.org



Sunday, June 15, 2008

Time Warner Cable Acquires 5 Dayton PBS Digital Channels

Time Warner Cable today added the five digital channels from Dayton's WPTD-TV (Channel 16 or "ThinkTV 16") for Greater cinci, with the promise of adding sister Oxford station WPTO-TV (Channel 14, or "ThinkTV 14") digital channels in the fall.
The five include Channel 16 in HDTV, and the Ohio Channel, the state legislature feed and government-related programming from Ohio's public broadcasters.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=5c49394b12564ab6832411d82ad3a991&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3A5c49394b12564ab6832411d82ad3a991Post%3A2d6a20a1-a6c0-417f-b607-9c584a224189&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

1 comment:

Deborah Stroble said...

I do not have cable TV-I am on a budget. I have a converter box to bring in digital channels. I have been watching these 5 channel 16 channels for the past year or more & all of a sudden I cannot view them. It is very disappointing not being able to watch this educational programing. It is my understanding that Cable TV has taken these 5 channels away from people who cannot afford cable--That is very sad news especially when our world is in an econcomic crisis. I don't understand it... I think we should be supporting & assisting one another. Apparently this educational programming has been taken away from those who cannot afford cable. Very Sad News!
Please correct me if I'm incorect...