Welcome to the news and information blog for the Ohio Valley Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The goal of this blog is to keep you informed about media professionals and companies in our NATAS region. Please send your news to:
news@ohiovalleyemmy.org



Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why One Viewer Rethought Cutting the Cable Cord

Over the past few years I have written several columns about the impending death of cable in the face of Internet-distributed content.
With the rise of the iTunes Store, Netflix Instant Streaming and Hulu as distribution systems for television and movies, cable should be scared.
Being the cutting edge technology columnist that I am, I thought it was time that I eat my own dog food, cut the cable and adopt these Internet services as my primary means of television consumption. So three months ago I unplugged my TiVo and returned my CableCards to my cable provider with the confidence that I could replace their service with the Internet.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/sep/11/cutting-cable-experiment-works-until-its-time-to/

No comments: